Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
Vista del Mar Behavioral Hospital - Ventura - Ventura, CA
We are looking for an innovative thinker who will be able to recruit and retain the best, partner with supervisors
and managers for best outcomes, and aiding Vista del Mar Behavioral Hospital to be the employer of choice.
Incumbent needs to demonstrate a proven track record on training and compliance, having Broad knowledge of
Federal, State and The Joint Commission standards. Responsible for the day-to day operations in the human resources
department. Ensures the selection and retention of employees whose qualifications best match the needs of local network to
provide the liaison, advisory, service policy, and audit relationships and functions essential to the effective management of the
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, Title VII, Federal and State regulations.
- 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in employee relations, compensation, benefits and compliance.
Minimum Education & experience
High school degree required
Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent in experience and training
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Human Resources Management: 5 years
Expressive Arts Therapist - Music, Art, Dance & Recreation
We are seeking experienced and motivated Expressive Therapists interested in joining a compassionate and dynamic multidisciplinary behavioral healthcare team dedicated to enhancing the quality of care for patients and their loved ones. Vista del Mar Hospital provides behavioral health services for adolescents and adults. Specialty programing includes; dual diagnosis, post-traumatic stress, chemical dependency.
We have an exciting opportunity for licensed or license-eligible, Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem, Expressive Therapists to work with our patients.
The Expressive Therapist is part of the Clinical Services Department (the Adjunctive Therapy team) and is responsible for providing individual and group expressive therapy sessions to our patients of various populations and psychiatric conditions. In addition, treatment plans will be developed for these patients and the Expressive Therapist will need to be organized and timely in completing documentation with clinical relevance.
The Expressive Therapist will be expected to use his or her expertise in expressive therapy as their main method used in session with clients. The Expressive Therapist must feel comfortable and confident in skills and be able to speak about the benefits of expressive therapies with patients, families and staff during meetings or expressive therapy events. Finally, as a member of an organization committed to service excellence, participation in quality improvement planning and team/staff meetings is expected.
- Master's Degree, Intern or license eligible in one of the following therapies; Expressive, Art, Dance/Movement, or Recreational Therapy
- Competency in utilizing all expressive modalities (art, drama, dance, music) regardless of modality specialization
- Competency in sharing expressive therapy information with families and staff
- Two years of experience working as an Expressive Therapist (preferred). Experience in an inpatient setting a plus.
- Experience with outcome oriented and patient-centered treatment
- Ability to deliver effective, high quality and consistent care to a diverse and challenging caseload
- Ability to create individualized treatment plans and complete clinical documentation within given time frame
- Familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a team
- Able to pass a background check and drug screen.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Vista del Mar Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Evening Shift Supervisor
Full time benefitted position for the evening shift 11:30am-10pm Monday-Thursday. The registered
nurse shift supervisor supervises the nursing staff and works closely with the Assessment & Referral
Department to coordinate admissions. Previous nursing supervisory experience preferred. Visit our website
for more information about our facility and to fill out an application at www.vistadelmarhospital.com. We
conduct a pre-employment background check and post offer physical exam. EOE
Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse (RN)
This is a full time, benefitted position, primarily Mon.-Fri. day shift but must occasionally work PM & Night shifts
& weekends. This position assists the Dir. of Nursing in managing the nursing staff including training &
educating the nursing staff as well as acting as a shift supervisor when necessary. Pre-employment background
check, post-offer physical, tb/ppd test & urine drug screen must be passed successfully. EOE
Out-Patient Services Supervisor
This is a full time, benefitted Mon.-Fri. 8a-4:30p position. This position manages the staff and programs of our Out-Patient Services Dept. which ensures the delivery of quality mental health services within the context of a structured clinical program and an interdisciplinary treatment team. A pre-employment background check, post-offer physical, tb/ppd test & urine drug screen must be passed successfully. EOE
Therapist - Part-Time - Weekends
We are currently looking for (2) Part-Time Therapist (LCSW, LMFT, LPCC or Intern) to work weekend day shift. Therapists are members of a multidisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, treatment intervention, and psycho-education to patients and their family members. The Therapist candidate must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed.
• Provides treatment to adults and adolescents.
• Provides timely psychosocial assessment, documentation, case management, treatment and discharge planning for patients.
• Effectively communicates/interprets clinical material/documentation to patients.
• Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies including but not limited to: individual, group, family therapies.
• Provides appropriate & timely documentation of clinical encounters in patient's charts.
• Is knowledgeable of community resources.
• Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care
• Complies with Vista del Mar Hospital’s and all regulatory agency policies & procedures.
• Experience in a behavioral health setting required.
• Master's degree required in behavioral health related field (social work, marriage and family counseling).
• Valid and current State of California LCSW, LMFT, LPCC license or Registered as an Intern/Associate.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)
• Clinical experience working with adults and adolescents in an inpatient or partial hospitalization environment.
• Strong background in crisis intervention, brief therapy, cognitive behavioral and group therapies.
• Spanish speaking preferred.
Full time, Part time and as needed positions for mornings, evenings and nights. Previous hospital
housekeeping experience preferred. Pre-employment background check & post-offer physical,
urine drug screen & tuberculosis test performed. EOE
Van Driver - hospital program
As needed work. Must have clean DMV record (provide a copy. Previous van driving experience preferred.
Available Mon.-Fri. 7a.m.-9:30a.m. & 2:45p.m.-6p.m.(split shift) to drive patients to and from their homes to a
hospital program. Some additional driving may be required. Must be willing to work in housekeeping
department when necessary as well. Must pass pre-employment background check & post-offer physical and
drug screen. EOE.
R.N./L.V.N./L.P.T.- Assessment & Referral Counselor
Full-Time and Part-Time status for afternoon 1:30p-10p & evenings 3p-11:30p shifts.
Must be available to work rotating weekend shifts. Responsibilities include clinical
intake assessments, referrals and coordination of patient admissions. Must have a current
Calif. R.N./L.V.N./L.P.T. license. Pre-employment background check and
post-offer drug screen & physical required. EOE
L.V.N. / L.P.T.
Full-Time positions open for Evening 3pm-11:30pm & Noc shifts 11:00pm-7:30am including every other
weekend requirement. Works as a medication nurse and as a charge nurse on the window. Must have current
LVN/LPT license and CPR card. Must pass pre-employment background check and post-offer physical, urine
drug screen and T.B. test. EOE
Please send a completed application along with your resume indicating position of interest to:
Aurora Vista del Mar Hospital
Attn: Human Resources
801 Seneca St.
Ventura, CA. 93001
Phone: (805) 626-5287
Fax: (805) 652-2248
Matt Kohagen PHR, LMFT
Director of Human Resources
*Vista del Mar is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.